- The Kota division had 6% of total livestock in the state as per the 2012 livestock census.
- The division has 508 animal husbandry institutions (which includes Polyclinics, First Grade Veterinary Hospitals, etc.)or 8% of the state’s total animal husbandry institutions.
- The division accounts for close to 10% of the state’s cattle population and buffalo population, respectively.
- It had a total milk production of 1.13 Mn MT or 6% of the total milk production in the state, in 2015-16.
- With 971 registered dairy societies in the Kota Division, the Rajasthan Cooperative Dairy Federation accumulated a net profit of INR 48 Lakhs in the 4 districts of Baran, Bundi, Jhalawar and Kota, in 2015-16.
- The Kota division had a total fish production of 5,731 MT in or 13% of the state’s total fish production in 2015-16.
- Fish production in the division has been growing at a CAGR of 8% from 2011-12 to 2015-16.
- The fish seed production in the division stood was measured at 139 Mn Fry (16% of the state’s fish seed production) in 2015-16, growing at a CAGR of 15% from 2011-12 to 2015-16.
- The Kota division has close to 14,000 bee colony boxescurrentlyin the year 2015-16.
- This leads to a total production of around 400 MT of honey annually in the division.
- More than 400-450 farmers are involved in this bee-keeping activity currently.