- Four cold chain projects have been approved by MOFPI in the state, under the ‘Scheme for Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure'.
- Out of the four projects, the one at Alwar has already been completed and started commercial operations.
- The central government launched an electronic National Agriculture Market (eNAM) format in April 2016 to connect 23 mandis from eight states (including Rajasthan).
10 more mandis in Rajasthan will be brought under eNAM by October 2016.
- The e-platform would help farmers to sell their produce directly in the market, obviating middle-men, through the electronic trading platform.
- The initiative would help bringing in more transparency, greater competition and better returns for the farmers. It would also help traders in open price discovery and greater accessibility owing to the online platform.