- Kota division is endowed with a strong agricultural produce. Key agricultural activities include farming of Soybean, Seed Spices, Paddy, Guava, Orange, Medicinal Crops and Pulses.
- It is also one of the biggest agricultural trading hubs of Rajasthan. The division accounted for 1/4th of the entire agriculture produce traded in the mandis of Rajasthan in 2015-16.
- From an infrastructural support perspective, the district of Kota is a major part of the project influence area for Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC). The city of Kota has also been selected to be developed as a Smart City.
- The division of Kota is well advanced in testing and quality control. Kota is amongst the districts with full-fledged testing facilities (Soil, Seed, Fertilizer and Pesticide Testing Labs).
- The division also has a well-established Food Park enabling state of the art processing of the agricultural produce in the division itself.