With its strong presence in Agricultural production, Government of Rajasthan understands the need of strong processing segment as well.
- The state has a large number of registered Agroprocessing units processing primary commodities like onions, garlic, isabgol and henna
- In November 2015, the government launched the “Agri-Processing and
Agri-Marketing Promotion Policy 2015” – to promote agro-processing and supply chain management
- During Resurgent Rajasthan Partnership Summit 2015, MOUs intending investment of over INR 4000 cr have been signed
- Mega Food Parks - MOFPI awarded approval to 2 Mega Food Parks in Rajasthan.
- Agri Export Zones
- - 2 agri export zones are operational in the state, covering 5 districts each with focus on spices – coriander and cumin
- Commodity-specific markets are notified – Ramganjmandi for Coriander; Jodhpur & Merta for cumin