- The Kota division had a total gross irrigated area of 1.2 Mn Hectares in 2013-14 (3rd in all regions). This accounted for nearly 13% of the total irrigated area in the state.
- It has the 2nd largest number of Tubewells in the state. It also has the 3rd largest number of Wells in the state. The usage of Diesel Pumpsets in the division ranks 3rd in the state.
- The division received an average annual rainfall of 874.2mm in 2014-15, which is almost twice that of the average rainfall received in the state.
- This implies that water availability is not a major concern for the division.
- The area covered under drip irrigation in the division has been growing at a CAGR of 10% from 2011-12 to 2015-16 and accounted for 28% of the area under drip irrigation in the state in 2015-16. Approximately 7835 Ha of the division is covered under sprinkler irrigation.