The protected cultivation cluster in Rajasthan accounts for the following:
- Green Houses: 18.12 lakh sqm.
- Shade net Houses: 6.76 lakh sqm.
- Cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and strawberries are majorly produced in protected cultivation.
- Gerbera and Dutch Rose are the commonly grown flower varieties.
- The focus districts are Jaipur, Alwar, Ajmer, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Sriganganagar and Bikaner.
Given the dry weather conditions, there is a huge opportunity in Rajasthan for protected cultivation.